A blog dedicated to fictional short stories and role-playing across a spectrum of video-games and fantasy worlds.

Friday, May 8, 2015

A Sister's Healing Touch



((This story was co-written with Kyliska and represents a joint project!))

Saveenah yawned, her eyes opening slowly as she awakened, her view taking in the vastness of Kyliska’s personal bedroom and once again roaming over the magnificence that was the ‘palace’ her sister called home. Sleepily, the druidess rolled over in the luxurious bed, the soft down mattress beneath her like nothing she’d ever slept on before. She pushed the silken sheets and blankets off, feeling the magically cooled air of the room and shivering slightly, enjoying the sudden change in temperature.

Kyliska herself was nowhere to be seen, Saveenah’s twin having risen earlier and headed out to attend to some business. She’d left the druidess slumbering peacefully on what was probably the nicest bed that she’d ever slept in. The two twins had shared the bed on the evening immediately following their trip back to Quel’Thalas, and Saveenah had stayed for several days, roaming the sealed off private quarters and upper tower rooms that Biara and Kyliska had reserved for their own personal use.

Everything had been amazing to the druidess! The entire structure was magnificent, and was exactly what she pictured the halls of the ancestors to have looked like before they were ruins in Feralas. Kyliska lived a wonderful life fit for a queen, and Saveenah found herself thoroughly enjoying the experience. That was not to say that Kyliska’s twin was envious however; each of them lived in their own special worlds, and Saveenah often found herself missing the open spaces and wildness of her forest home. She would stay for only a few days longer before departing to return back to Feralas, but she was intent on making the experience count!

She rose from the bed, her bare feet feeling the icy coldness of the marble floor of Kyliska’s room. Saveenah smiled, rising from the bed and walking to a nearby window, drawing the curtains aside and basking in the sunlight that poured in through the opening, her smile as bright as the reflected light. A moment later she turned her head as she heard the doors to Kyliska’s room opening. In the doorway stood a small figure, Biara’s young daughter Astariel standing there and staring.

“You’re a funny color!” Astariel said, happily pointing at the druidess. “And what are you wearing? You don’t have any gold or red on at all!”

Saveenah smiled, nodding at the child, “I know! I’m quite out of place aren’t I? My name is Saveenah, what is yours, child?”

Astariel smiled, walking into the room and gesturing with her hands as she spoke, “I’m Astariel! I live here!”

Saveenah laughed and walked towards the child, bending down to sit on the floor before her so she was on the same level as the young Sin’dorei, “Well it is very nice to meet you, Astariel! I am Kyliska’s sister!”

Astariel giggled and clapped her hands together, “That means you’re my Aunt Saveenah! Yay!” She reached over and hugged the startled druidess, still speaking in a happy tone, “How come I’ve never seen you before?”

Saveenah smiled, her tone warm, “Because I live in a forest far from here, so it is hard to visit! I’m glad that I have been able to for a short time though!”

Astariel looked at her with wide eyes, “Ohhhh, what do you do in the forest?”

Saveenah smiled, “I’m a druidess! I tend to the plants and animals and keep the forest healthy and happy.”

“Can you show me how you do it? I like magic!” Astariel said happily.

Saveenah smiled and reached into a small pouch she carried. She pulled out a small clump of tangled vines with a seed in the center, and held it in her palms. She closed her eyes, sighing softly and the small seed in her hand stirred, slowly growing upwards, tiny leaves beginning to sprout from it and a small flower appearing. Astariel stared with wide eyes, her mouth hanging open in shock as the tiny plant bloomed.

“That is amazing! Can I have it to keep?!” the child said happily.

Saveenah smiled and nodded, reaching out with one hand to take the child’s hand in hers, holding it palm upwards and placing the tiny plant there, “Of course. Make sure you find a good place to plant it. One day it will produce delicious fruit for you to enjoy if you help it get big enough! Find a place with lots of sun and good dirt, okay?”

Astariel squealed in delight, “Oh I will I will! Thank you so much Aunt Saveenah! I’m going to go plant this right now!”

Saveenah smiled, watching as the small child scampered away, holding the plant carefully, her happy calls for her mother echoing through the corridors beyond. As the druidess looked up, she saw Kyliska standing in the doorway, smiling at her and clearly having witnessed the scene.

“I see you met my niece.” Kyliska started. “She is adorable, isn’t she?” Kyliska came into the room and sat down by her sister. “How are you enjoying yourself Savvy? I do hope that you are having a good time. I have loved having you here!”

Saveenah smiled, “Yes it’s been amazing here. I do miss my home of course, and all of the animals and plants. But I’ve also enjoyed seeing your forests here. This is what I was meant to do; find new forests, new wilderness to explore and to help where I can.”

She paused, tilting her head as she studied her sister in the morning light, “Your niece is adorable! I didn’t know that your adopted sister had children. Come to think of it, I never even asked if you did. I’ve seen your mate, and he is...well, you are very lucky I would say! Are you going to have a family soon do you think?”

Kyliska’s happy face changed and a look of sadness replaced it. She stared off into the distance as if lost in thought, and then spoke softly. “Sister, I do not think I am able to have children sadly. It is a long story, but I was once pregnant, with a different lover. We were very much in love, and at first I did not know if I even wanted to have a child. My lifestyle does not really offer a safe environment for a child.” She paused and took a deep breath and began again. “Then I did come to accept the growing life inside of me. I was happy about it. But then something terrible happened. Biara’s mother had cultists rip the baby from my womb with magic. I almost died in the process. But ever since then I have this scar on my stomach and I have this empty feeling inside of me.”

She stood up and walked towards her window to look outside, not wanting to look at her sister, for fear that she might start to cry. “I do not think of it all the time, but in quiet moments or when I am sun bathing and I look down at my scar, it all comes rushing back. That life that I had inside me, that life which never got to actually live. It was taken from me, and I can never have it again. It was ironic, that just as I was accepting of having a child, it was taken from me.”

Saveenah rose, walking up behind her sister and placing a hand on her shoulder, “Oh Kyli, do not be sad, for that is the way of nature sometimes. Life is precious, and sometimes it is regrettably short, but it is never a waste. Your child gave you something, even in the short time he or she was with you. The child gave you hope for the future, and a touch of happiness. I am...startled to hear about Lady Biara’s mother though! Why would anyone do such a thing to you, or to an innocent child?! I hope that she has been brought to justice for this crime!”

Kyliska put her hand over her sister’s and turned to face her. “It was just unfair, and I miss that baby that I never got to raise everyday. Thank-you for your kind words. I suppose I could adopt a baby if I feel like I want one, but it is different than having my own grow inside of me.” A few tears fell down her face and she quickly wiped them away. “And Biara’s mother, that is a whole other story. She hates many people, she is a wraith, I think, I’m not even sure, but she is taken care of for the time being. She did this to me personally because of our mother actually. She knew that our mother was a traitor to our people and she did not care for that. So I guess I had to pay for her sins, with my unborn child.”

“But let us talk about other more happy things! I do not even know if Braeth’el would want children, and I’m just so happy with him, and having met you and all! I’m content, even without a child.”

Saveenah reached out to hug her sister, holding her tightly for a moment. After a moment she held her at arm’s length, studying her face closely, “Kyli, it doesn’t have to be the end of everything just because you lost your first. Your body is an amazing thing and it can rebound from such troubles! Also, I can help you if you’d like! I’m very skilled at healing things connected to nature, such as wounds, poisons, and even fertility. If you want, I can see if I can help you! I would definitely do that for you!”

Kyliska’s face began to brighten. She started to smile. “You…...can do that? I always just thought I could never bear children ever again, I never even thought it was possible to heal that. If you think you can help me I would be in your debt forever!”

Saveenah smiled and nodded, gently taking her sister’s hand and leading her over to the bed, “All things in nature can be healed, except the natural aging process. We are all a part of nature and a part of that cycle. You’re young though, and your body is healthy and whole. For our father’s people, we are only barely adults now, while for our mother’s perhaps we would be somewhat older, but certainly not beyond childbearing!”

She gently placed her hands on Kyliska’s shoulders, encouraging her to lay down on the bed, “Um, I’m going to need you to take your pants off for this, or at least pull them down so I can see the scar!”

Kyliska laughed and laid down onto the bed and removed her pants with ease. “Oh Savvy, you should know that I am not afraid of wearing little clothes. I am not ashamed of my body, even my scar. It just makes me sad sometimes.”

Saveenah nodded, smiling, “I also enjoy being free with what I’m wearing. I understand the humans are very sensitive about this, and didn’t know if it was the same here within these palaces!”

She paused, standing over her half-naked sister, clicking her tongue in thought, “Hmmm, that is a fairly large scar. Were you also stabbed with a weapon, or was it just magic?”

“Yes, it was a magical dagger. I’m not sure of what kind of magic, but it was very painful, and as I mentioned I almost died. Oddly enough Seluna saved me, she wanted me to live knowing my child was gone.”

Saveenah bit her lip, bending down to examine the scar and clicking her tongue again, “Okay, that’s not a problem! I just wanted to know if there was physical and magical damage. It’s important that we heal the womb too if you want to carry safely!”

With that she leaned up again, her hands coming out and hovering over Kyliska’s bare belly. She closed her eyes, humming a sweet song to herself under her breath, natural energies flowing through her and around her. Above Kyliska’s belly a green glow began to appear, twinkles of healing energy dancing in the air and falling all around her like leaves falling from branches. A soothing, relaxing feeling flowed through the Sin’dorei as her sister worked, the silver-haired druidess frowning in concentration as she found the work more difficult than she expected.

Panting with exertion, Saveenah’s hand came down, pressed hard against Kyliska’s belly. A stinging pain wracked the Sin’dorei for a moment as her sister seemed to strain, her hand coming up as if tearing something from her flesh. A blackness flowed from her skin, hovering in the air for a moment, a curse placed years ago by the wound almost howling into existence and then shattering as more green magic flowed over it, extinguishing its power forever.

Saveenah gasped with the effort, her hand coming down again and pressing more gently against her sister, a sigh escaping her as healing energy flowed into her belly and womb. The scar on her flesh began to knit tighter and tighter, fading slowly under the druidess’s gentle touch, until it faded away completely along with the last hint of magic. Saveenah sighed in relief, slumping forward and leaning heavily on the bed, “T-that was very difficult..s-she hated you very much…”

Kyliska looked at her sister with pure joy and love in her eyes. “Savvy…..did you…..am I…...healed?” She spoke softly breathing a little heavily, trying to calm down. “Yes she did hate me very much, but you are amazing for what you just did. That was interesting to watch you do that. I hope you are ok……” Kyliska leaned towards Saveenah and kissed her forehead.

Saveenah climbed onto the bed next to her sister, her frayed pants coming up to her mid thigh as she wrapped her arms around Kyliska. She smiled at her, taking her hand and guiding it down to the Sin’dorei’s belly, encouraging her fingers to explore the completely healed, smooth flesh. “I’m okay, don’t worry! I heal wounds like this frequently, although never curses that bad. That was like something one of the ancestors would have placed on their things!”

A noise in the doorway made both elves look up, and Braeth’el stood there, his arms folded across his chest as he leaned against the doorframe, taking in the sight of his half-naked lover and her rather scantily clad sister holding one another on the bed, both of their hands pressed against Kyliska’s bare midsection, “Um...should I come back at another time?” He smirked as he spoke.

Kyliska looked towards Braeth’el and smiled slyly “Oh hello love. My sister here was just helping me with something. She was healing my scar. It was really amazing actually.” She beckoned him to come near the bed. “Come and see!”

Braeth’el grinned, strolling casually across the room to stand at the foot of the bed, looking down at Kyliska’s bare stomach as the two elves removed their hands, studying her tanned and now unscarred flesh closely and nodding in appreciation, “She did a wonderful job. I didn’t know it was possible to heal a wound like that.”

For her part, Saveenah said nothing, merely staring with awe at Braeth’el’s bulging arms, which were clearly showcased by his short sleeved vest he was wearing. After a moment she managed to close her mouth and shook her head, smiling, “Oh yes, I’ve been doing this sort of thing for years! It was difficult though, she was badly cursed by a dark weapon. I’m glad I could help though.”

Braeth’el nodded, his eyes still roaming over Kyliska’s body before he looked up at Kyliska, “I’m glad too. She was already beautiful and you’ve made her even more so, if that was possible.”

Kyliska blushed furiously. For some reason, no matter how many times he complimented her, it still made her blush. “Oh Brae, that is so sweet! But Savvy healed more than just my scar. She made it possible for me to bear children again. I was infertile from what Seluna did to me. Savvy has given me the chance to have a family if we so choose to that is.” She studied his face, still unsure if he even would want a family with her. It was a topic that they never discussed.

Braeth’el leaned forward, his hand caressing Kyliska’s face as he stared into her eyes, “I told you I’ve wanted to settle down. This is wonderful news and also an unexpected gift to both of us. When the time is right, we will have that family I promise you that.”

Beside him, Saveenah clasped her hands together and pressed them against her cheek, a light , “Awwwwwwww!” escaping her as Braeth’el spoke.

Kyliska laughed and stood up so she could kiss Braeth’el. “I am so glad you feel the same way! I am just so grateful to Savvy here for making that possible for us.” She then turned to Saveenah and hugged her tightly. “I am in your debt sister. You have made me so happy in doing this! I just hope I can find a way to repay you for your kindness!”

Saveenah squealed as she was hugged, wrapping her arms around her sister for a moment also, “You don’t owe me anything silly! This is the kind of work I do in the forest. I’m just glad I was here to help with this. I never thought I’d be able to help you like this.”

Saveenah smiled as Braeth’el came up behind Kyliska, wrapping his arms around her and then sweeping her from the bed and into his arms, laughing at the two, “I’m glad too. Like I said, this was an unexpected gift.” He stared into Kyliska’s eyes with a hint of passion on his face, and then nodded at Saveenah and smiled.

The druidess grinned, slowly inching off the bed, sensing that her work there was done. She stood near the bed, sounding happy, “Well, I will let you two enjoy the day then! I want to explore just a bit more before I have to go back to father!”

Kyliska tore her gaze away from Braeth’el for a moment to look to Saveenah. “Thank-you again sister! Please feel free to explore the Estate, there are safe places where no one will find you, I made sure of that. Even in the nearby woods are very private. And if you do go back to Father, please be careful, he might be upset with you and me both, I just want you safe!” Kyliska started to giggle as Braeth’el began to kiss her neck.

Saveenah smiled happily, waving a hand at her sister, “Oh don’t worry! I know how to handle father! He will just assume I’ve been on one of my trips into the forest and that is why I didn’t return after you left. If he’s even there anymore!”

With that she cast one last glance at the ruggedly handsome Braeth’el as he tossed her sister onto the bed and then spun on her bare feet and quickly made her way to the door, a smile on her face. She was happy she was able to help her sister with her love life, and helping people was more than just her work it was her passion. As Kyliska’s giggling echoed from the room behind her Saveenah slipped out of the door, closing it quietly behind her, a smile on her face.

There was much yet to explore and only a little time left to do so! But first, she was going to go find herself some breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment