A blog dedicated to fictional short stories and role-playing across a spectrum of video-games and fantasy worlds.

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Diary of a Magus- Part 1

Early winter, morning of the seventh day of January: 

It has been several months since I awakened in the Exodar. During that time, I have learned much of current events that have affected my people. I am still in shock that I have been unconscious for so long. It is personally embarrassing that I put such a burden on the others with my incapacitation. I will have to make amends once I am strong enough to do so.

In regards to my strength, it is returning to me slowly. When I first awakened, I had no access to my power whatsoever. In such a state, I was unable to leave the Exodar for fear that I would be in danger without the protection of the Vindicators watching over me. After many months of recovery, I have found my power slowly returning, although I am only capable of performing the most rudimentary of spells.

I ventured out of the Exodar for the first time yesterday. The lands where it crashed, which I have been told are called Azuremyst and Bloodmyst Isles, are quite beautiful. Unfortunately the Exodar caused much contamination when it broke apart. In the intervening time, our people have made efforts to clean up here, and have had much success. Although I am late in lending a hand, I believe I am well enough now to aid in this process, and then to see where I can apply my talents in the world beyond.

I have heard that this 'Alliance' that we are now a part of has ventured through a portal back to Draenor, but not the Draenor from which I came. Once I am well enough, I will follow them, for there is much to be gained from the resources and magical reservoirs that were once on that planet. That is the future however; for now I will continue to heal, and do what little tasks that my feeble magics allow.

I will write more as I heal and travel, in the hopes that the journey itself is a useful learning tool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment