A blog dedicated to fictional short stories and role-playing across a spectrum of video-games and fantasy worlds.

Friday, January 9, 2015

Diary of a Magus- Part 3

Morning of January the ninth,

After several days of constant work on Azuremyst Isle, I feel that my body is beginning to become accustomed to moving and doing things once more. Although I am still exhausted at the end of each day, it is the good type of exhaustion one feels after a hard day's labor. I think in a few weeks it will not be so tiring for me to travel or use my magic, although in the case of the latter I must take care not to over-exert myself.

Today I will head towards Bloodmyst Isle, which I have been told was more contaminated than Azuremyst and which still has an abundant amount of work to be done with its restoration, despite the years that have passed. Before I depart though I wanted to write of something that has given me much to think of and that may be a lesson for me going forward.

I met a race of creatures called 'Furbolgs' while working on Azuremyst Isle. These creatures, much like those who make up the 'Alliance' have been welcoming and helpful to me. At first I was wary, for how could I not be after what happened on Draenor, but after a time I have seen their relative good intentions. This made me consider the rest of those who are part of this Alliance. 

I have been told, and can confirm from interviewing some of our allies, that once upon a time they encountered the Man'ari, and that they defeated them and the Legion in battle. This happened not once, but on multiple occasions on this world. I question how this can be, when I have seen untold numbers of worlds fall before them and have fled from them for so many eons. There is something about this place, about the varied peoples that call it home, that can repulse the Legion's advance. That there is magic here powerful enough to harm the Man'ari is astounding to me.

In addition, it seems that the demon-fueled orcish horde that laid my own people low caused great destruction on this world, but were checked and defeated. Some have even said the orcs living here now have been freed of demonic influence, not that I would ever trust them even for a moment. 

When taken all together, the facts that I have gleaned from my first walking in this world are encouraging. I am beginning to understand why we have not fled again, to go re-found our civilization elsewhere. Could it be that here we will finally make a stand, with allies who understand the threat the Legion poses? I want to believe with all my heart that this is the case, but I will keep myself prepared in the event that it is all yet another dream on the wind. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment