A blog dedicated to fictional short stories and role-playing across a spectrum of video-games and fantasy worlds.

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Patrol Report 01587

Attention: General Redamous
Subject: Patrol Report 01587
Submitter: Sergeant Beckyann Eastberg

Personal Addendum:

Hey Red,
See below for my report on last evening's patrol. I figured I'd better file something in case Central wants to review our records. Put in a few recommendations there. If you have any questions let me know and I can update the final document.
~Becky

*There is a seal bearing a skull and crossbones below the signature with a little heart around it.*

Patrol Details:

A patrol beginning at 1930 hours and lasting until 2230 hours was launched with three primary objectives. These objectives included the following:

1) Projection of strength- The initial goal was to demonstrate that the 1113th could field a reasonable number of armed fighters to any conflict zone. I believe this objective was accomplished given the number of Knights included in the patrol, the armor-to-spiky bit ratio of their appearance, and the vast array of weapons that we carried on our persons. I suspect our heavily armed party was not ambushed simply due to the sheer ferocity of their appearance. Objective one is therefore considered achieved.

2) Inquiries relating to cultists- The secondary goal of the patrol was to inquire with local groups relating to the whereabouts or activities of the cultist known as Lewin and any who are involved in his organization. While no information was given that directly identified where he might be hiding, several reports did provide us with evidence of suspicious activity in Duskwood. In addition, we now have far more eyes on the lookout for this worgen than we would have without conducting the patrol. I judge this objective to be partially completed.

3) Morale building- The tertiary objective was to allow members, including both new and older recruits, to interact with one another and learn more of each other. I believe that this objective was fully achieved, and personally I learned much of our new recruits which was excellent. I have included a complete report of each patrol participant below for your review. It is my hope that our Knights will now fight together in a more unified group and trust one another in battle.

Additional Details:

There was some insight provided by the locals of Duskwood indicating that cultists have been seen in the areas around the central part of the region, between Raven Hill and Darkshire. Although these cultists might not be those whom we were seeking, it is important to note their presence in the event that we will need to conduct additional operations in the region. There was no sign of the cultists operating out of Stormwind although this should still be considered a possibility and something that I will follow up on in the future.

Inquiries in Elwynn Forest near the Westbrook Garrison provided no further insight into the cultist activity. I will add as an addendum here that our patrol encountered an unruly group of local students who likely had been allowed far too many sweets and had not settled in for the season's school year yet. I am pleased to report that although it was highly tempting, not a single Knight decapitated a single student. All Knights showed excellent restraint.

During the patrol the Knights were also instructed in proper formation drills and given notification of our Standing Orders. It is my hopes that with this information at hand they will survive inspection by Colonel Nis'tara, and I believe we will have an excellent survival rate for this newest batch of recruits. Possibly even as high as 50% or more!

Personnel Report:

Below please find my report on each member of the patrol and their contributions, in no particular order. I believe I've covered everyone but if I forgot anyone I'll include an addendum later.

Captain Domitrix- The Captain was an excellent addition to the patrol and I appreciated the fact that she allowed me to run the mission as I typically would without interfering or confusing the recruits with contradictory orders. She provided excellent rear guard support and spotted a potential ambush prior to its occurrence. On a personal note, I believe I have gravely offended her by mentioning her Ghoulish nature and if this is something that is considered a regimental secret or shameful then I suggest we issue orders not to discuss it. I'm sure she will recover, and if not, her quarters have been earmarked for reassignment.

Private Dalamora- The Watcher performed her duties admirably, although I suspect that if our fresh recruits taunt her much further they will have an unpleasant experience in the near future. She was particularly dour during the patrol, having reverted her hair color to a deep blue-black. She followed orders admirably, although in hindsight I wish I had assigned her to more of the diplomatic portions of the mission as she is better at speaking than fighting.

Corporal Reighton- The Corporal was less than satisfactory in terms of his diplomacy. In fact, had I allowed him full range of speech I suspect we would have multiple new enemies to deal with. He does not present a positive face for the Ebon Blade. I also noted that he seems unable to restrain himself from harming the natural surroundings around him, and I would earmark him for deployment into Kaldorei lands in the future. I believe this will resolve both issues nicely.

Private Geflimmer- The Private performed admirably this evening and I have earmarked her file as a Knight that will be particularly useful in scouting roles. Although I have some misgivings about knife-ears *this portion of the text is scratched out* about Kaldorei, she comported herself with the utmost professionalism and was a valuable asset to our team. I sensed a bit of hesitancy in her that I believe could be rectified by speaking with Colonel Nis'tara. I believe under the Colonel's wing this Knight will flourish amongst the ranks and eventually become a scout captain.

Private Amascut- As with Private Geflimmer, Private Amascut's file has been earmarked for potential as a scout. She was an excellent example of a perfect Knight and I do believe she will go far. Her ability to sense potential ambushes and operate in the wilderness are both pluses. I should also add as a personal note that she is from old Lordaeron, near where Sergeant Ceriseth once lived and this makes her a very reliable asset to our Legion in my personal opinion. I have also earmarked her file such that we can obtain her a skeletal gryphon once we've resolved the issues with the Central Supply Office. The poor dear should not have to run around on foot amongst the trees!

Private Kormag- Last but certainly not least was Private Kormag, whom performed quite well. This Knight seems reliable and handy in a battle. If even 5% of his tall tales are true I suspect he could take down many foes on his own. More importantly, he was a great asset to the unit's morale and I have earmarked his file as such. I would recommend that he not be assigned under Colonel Nis'tara as I suspect his humor may result in his untimely execution, which would be a shame given his incredible strength. On a side note, he enjoys using blunt weapons and would be best deployed against 'dry' undead in future combat missions.

Additional Comments:

I should note as a final addendum to this report that we encountered several groups, including the Nightwatch Militia in Duskwood, a group of druids lead by a worgen named Duskhowl in the same region, and a group of mixed irregulars called the Scarlet Ravens who seemed quite comfortable speaking with our men. We also encountered several local citizens of the Alliance who did not flee in terror at our approach and seemed genuinely interested in our operations. 

I have made arrangements to have files made for the Alliance organizations encountered in the event that we wish to conduct future operations with them or need to question them again.

End Report


No comments:

Post a Comment