A blog dedicated to fictional short stories and role-playing across a spectrum of video-games and fantasy worlds.

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Field Reports

*A message arrives at Acherus, bearing a seal with a sun sheltered between two trees. The message is written in neat, orderly script and signed at the bottom.*

Commander,
I am sending this first field report from the town of Thrallmar in Hellfire Peninsula. As ordered, I have gathered the necessary travel equipment and gear and made my way through the Dark Portal to arrive on the peninsula. I have reported to the authorities in Thrallmar such that my runeblade can be of aid to the Horde forces in this area.

Although many heroes have long since passed through this land, as you suspected there are still many dangers here that regularly plague the citizens and military forces of our allies. Despite the utter destruction of most of their major bases, the fel orcs still pose a significant threat when gathered in sufficient number.

On my first evening on the peninsula, I created a camp along a narrow ravine directly on the flat red dirt of this world. One location appears to be as good as any other when selecting a site for rest, as most of this place has been charred to oblivion long ago. As I have been trained to do, I remained on guard throughout the evening hours after attending to my equipment. I suspect that a mortal Knight would have been slain in their sleep at this time, as my camp came under attack during what would be considered the late hours of the night.

Fortunately as sleep is no longer necessary, I remained vigilant in my watch and can report that I was able to slay fifteen fel orcs before the rest lost their morale and broke. I attempted to pursue them but they are difficult to track in the endless red terrain given their natural red coloration. In the future I will make a stronger effort to keep them within visual distance. I apologize sincerely for allowing any of the foe to walk away and will seek to purge myself of such weakness in the future.

Upon arriving at the town of Thrallmar, I was greeted as one would suspect those of our Order to be treated, with disdain. Although few spoke out directly against me, there is a lingering suspicion about our kind. Hopefully your belief will prove valid that field work such as my assignment will help further alleviate these feelings and allow us to better contribute where our strength is needed.

On the topic of strength, I have begun the training exercises that I was assigned during this mission. Using the basic primer, I have mastered several new necromantic spells and will continue these studies as my duties allow. Upon completion of my tour here I will return via death gate to obtain further instructions and a more advanced primer provided that I am given the opportunity to be tested for higher rank.

On a personal note, I would like to express my gratitude once again for allowing me the opportunity to complete this mission. I am well aware that my near destruction during the battle of Light's Hope reflected poorly on my capabilities, and that my assignment as a guard at the Ebon Hold was considered the highest position I could attain. I will make every effort to prove that your faith in me is justified, and go to any lengths to aid the cause of our Order.

I have also submitted a requisition for additional equipment and, more specifically, a means of aerial transport. I believe this would enable me to more quickly complete my task, although I realize that there is some value to extending my training time through the use of only my charger.

I will send supplementary reports as time permits and activities warrant. As ordered, I will travel through this region and lend aid to the Horde forces that request it. I have seen several of our Order who work with the Alliance, and will do my best to allow them to operate as they have been ordered unless they clash directly with the objectives you have established for me.

Until my next report, suffer well.

Your humble servant,
Knight-Initiate Sunhaven

No comments:

Post a Comment