A blog dedicated to fictional short stories and role-playing across a spectrum of video-games and fantasy worlds.

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Journal Entry, First of June

*Biara has left her journal lying open in her tent.*

It has been many long months since I've taken up quill and ink to write within this book. Perhaps, for a time, I didn't need to spell out my thoughts on paper, or perhaps events went so quickly that I was unable to give them the proper words. Regardless, I now find myself with a bit of time, and many thoughts rushing through my mind that seek to be released onto a blank page.

Where to begin? How does one sort out so many changes in ones life? Since my last writing, I have found love. I have been attacked. I have rescued those who were lost from the darkest of powers. I have shattered alliances and forged new ones on common ground. I have founded a military company destined to protect Quel'Thalas from harm eternally. All of this and more I've done, and yet I feel there is so much left yet to finish.

It is times like these that I think back on the past. Of those who have come and gone, both the good and bad. What would my friend Jazari think of me now, if he were here to see me? He long ago gave up pretense of being part of his alliance, and from last reports I hear he simply disappeared into his own world of adventure. I envy him that sometimes; the fact that he had so few responsibilities that he could simply lay them down and step away.

At the same time, I am proud that I have not laid down my burdens. Rather, I feel I have taken more upon myself. My renewed commitment to the cause of the Horde has led to the founding of my Blackhearts company, and it has achieved much success. It has also met with bitter loss, and I am now directly responsible for those lives that are with us no longer. It is a heavy thought and enough to drag one's heart down to the depths of despair.

And yet, my heart is not heavy. In fact, it is the opposite; I feel elated. I have finally found someone who I can trust fully, who I can put all of my love and life into and feel their own love and joy flowing back into me. I speak of the priestess Elunearia Moonblade, who has become the very essence of my heart and soul. Without her, without her Light to guide me along my path, I fear I would have fallen to the darkness of my own cravings and the things I've been afflicted with or afflicted others with. She is the light that drives off the darkness, the source of my joy and the one thing that I know will keep my purpose pure for the many long years to come. I would do anything for her, go to any length to protect and nourish what she represents. It is elves like her that will make Quel'Thalas the beautiful place it once was, and I would protect that from outside influence so that one day she can go on to do exactly that.

I sit here now in a crude tent made of animal skins, deep in the vegitation around Zul'Aman, but the world around me is nothing compared to the warmth in my heart. Originally I had sent a detatchment of our Blackhearts here, but they suffered horrific casualties, so I have come myself to aid in the efforts and we have met with much success. The enemy has been pushed back, and my magic has taken the lives of many trolls who sought to undo the work of the Warchief and harm the Horde. I have even been rewarded with a gift of ceremonial troll garb used in their sacred rites. Although the garb is somewhat barbaric in appearance, it is flattering; perhaps I will wear it when I return to Silvermoon and show Elunearia. I suspect she may like it!

I can spend little more time writing for the moment, as I must take my rest before we face the foe again. I will return to Silvermoon when these tasks are complete, and continue both my research as well as my duties to protect Horde lands, even if that means I must don my war robes once more. Such is my life, a duty that I have chosen to accept regardless of cost. I will forever stand for Quel'Thalas, until its gates welcome me home for the last time.

*The entry stops here, and the rest of the journal appears to be warded.*

No comments:

Post a Comment